The use of Platelet Rich Plasma or PRP treatment for hair loss is a relatively new technique in dermatology. However, it has quickly grabbed the attention of top dermatologists and researchers due to its several positive hair regrowth outcomes in patients with different degrees of hair loss.
What is PRP treatment for hair loss?
PRP or Platelet Rich Plasma or PRP treatment in Melbourne for hair loss is a 3-step non-surgical medical procedure, in which, the patient’s blood is extracted and processed to acquire the enriched platelets or high growth factors present in the blood. These enriched platelets are then administered to the bald areas of the scalp.
These enriched platelets trigger hair regrowth in the bald areas of the scalp and maintain it by enhancing blood supply to the hair follicles and increasing the hair shaft thickness.
The enriched platelets also stimulate the growth of collagen and elastin — the protein-rich growth factors of new healthy skin tissues. These new ski tissues further aid hair regrowth on the scalp.
PRP treatment Procedure
PRP skin treatment in Melbourne for hair loss is a 3 step process:
Step 1: First, blood is drawn from the patient, typically from their arm. This blood sample is then placed in a centrifuge — a spinning machine that rapidly spins the blood to segregate it into fluids of different densities.
Step 2: After 10 minutes in the centrifuge the blood gets segregated into three layers of fluids with different densities:
- Platelet-rich plasma
- Platelet poor plasma
- Red blood cells
The Platelet Rich Plasma is utilised while the rest is discarded.
Step 3: This Platelet-rich plasma fluid is then admitted into the bald areas of the scalp via a microneedle syringe. Local anesthesia is applied to minimise the discomfort.
Benefits of PRP Treatment for hair loss?
A wide range of people can benefit from the PRP skin treatment in Melbourne for hair loss.
- Both men as well as when can benefit from hair thinning and balding issues. Hair thinning or balding in women is not much talked about, however, even women can equally benefit from positive hair regrowth results on the bald area of the scalp.
- PRP treatment is effective for people suffering from various alopecia, such as androgenic alopecia — also termed pattern baldness in men and women (a hereditary condition).
- Right from 18 years to 72 years, people from different age groups can be effectively treated for hair loss with PRP treatment in Melbourne (according to recent research by top dermatologists).
- PRP therapy can treat hair loss issues due to higher stress levels. Since the condition is not chronic it could be effectively treated using PRP therapy.
- People with spot balding or thinning hairlines but not entirely bald can benefit from PRP therapy.
- PRP treatment enriches the hair follicles, strengthens and thickens hair, and facilitates hair growth however weak the hair follicles may seem.
Nitai Medical and Cosmetic Centre offers the most comprehensive TGA & FDA-approved PRP treatment in Melbourne for hair loss under the supervision of highly qualified Scalp Doctor Dr Shobhna Singh.
Consult Dr Shobhna Singh to know more.