Hair loss is a common issue among people after a particular age. However, in some cases, hair loss may arrive sooner as seen in many younger people. Either way, hair loss can be de-motivating and you may feel a loss of confidence and self-worth. However, you can now take advantage of the best hair loss treatment in Melbourne to reclaim your lost hair. In this blog, we discuss the facts about hair loss and the best hair loss treatment in Melbourne.
Facts about hair loss
- Loss of hair in the scalp without any kind of scarring is a common condition that affects many people at some point in their life.
- Medical professionals need to first distinguish the reasons for hair loss i.e. due to hair shaft breakage or due to a decrease in hair growth.
- Men and women experience common balding due to the different effects of testosterone metabolites in the genetically sensitive hair follicles
- Anemia, thyroid disease, secondary syphilis, protein deficiency, vitamin deficiency and chemotherapy may also cause loss of hair
- Alopecia areata is the most common form of hair loss that occurs due to the autoimmune destruction of the hair follicles in a particular area of the skin
- Different medications can be prescribed by the doctor for regrowth of hair in the scalp.
- Hair loss can be prevented by maintaining good hair hygiene, good nutrition and regular shampooing
- Medical screenings for loss of hair involve blood tests like CBC or Complete blood count test, Vitamin B test, Iron level test, a biopsy of the scalp and thyroid function test.
Hair Loss treatment Melbourne
Enriched platelet treatment is the most innovative and modern treatment method for hair loss. Enriched platelet for hair loss treatment Melbourne is a minimally invasive procedure that mainly involves injecting the healthy platelets, sourced from the patient’s blood sample, into their scalp. It is considered to be one of the best and the most effective ways to treat any type of hair loss.
What is Enriched platelet treatment?
Enriched platelet treatment, also known as hair therapy is a novel technique that helps to isolate and use enriching growth substances present in the patient’s blood platelets, called platelet growth factors. These enriching substances can effectively stimulate and accelerate tissue regeneration, which results in hair regrowth in the bald regions of the scalp.
The biostimulation of the skin tissues increases the vascularization of the hair follicle, which further stimulates the formation of collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid, thus inducing follicular regeneration in patients with moderate hair loss.
In hair therapy, plasma enriched by growth factors is introduced into the scalp skin with the help of microinjections.
To obtain this plasma, small blood samples are taken from the patient and the plasma fractions are separated by a properly controlled centrifugation process.
The enriched platelets are then injected at the tissue level to stimulate its regeneration, using very fine needles that make the procedure practically painless.
Once the treatment is finished, the patient can resume their normal activity immediately, therefore, no downtime is required for this treatment.
To speak to exports about hair loss treatment in Melbourne, you must visit Nitai Medical and Cosmetic Centre today.