The Australian Government has introduced new Medicare item numbers for providing Medical Consultations using of Telephone or Video conferencing. This means that patients who qualify will be able to receive limited consultation advice over the phone or via video. The services will be fully bulkbilled.
There are strict criteria for patients who are eligible, as set by Medicare.
The following patients qualify for Telehealth services for the next 6 months:
- Patient has been diagnosed with COVID-19 virus but who is not a patient of a hospital; or
- Patient has been required to isolate themselves in quarantine in accordance with home isolation guidance issued by Australian Health Protection Principal Committee; or
- Patient considered more susceptible to the COVID-19 virus being:
- at least 70 years old, or
- at least 50 years old or over if of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent; or
- pregnant; or
- a parent of a child under 12 months; or
- a person under treatment for chronic health conditions or who are immune compromised
To receive a Telehealth service consultation, simply call our clinic on (03) 9300 1244 to book a time to receive a call from Dr. Shobhna. Please ensure you advise our staff you are requesting a “TeleHealth Consultation“.