Most of us wish to exude youth and vitality for as long as we can, right? And while there is much more to being young, looking good is a fairly sure way of feeling young. And our face is often one of the earlier markers of age.
Over time and age, our facial skin tends to undergo a change. This happens due to the breakdown of our skin’s collagen and elastin network. One of the key changes that you will notice is volume loss, which may result in skin folds, fine lines, wrinkles or even sagging and shriveling. Not only do these make us look older, but often, they cause a dent in our confidence. Because as you will agree, our face is an integral part of our identity, and a happy, relaxed and confident face goes a long way in projecting who we really are.
Advancements in cosmetic treatments have now made it possible to have a fresh-looking, youthful face without any surgery. You can change your facial contours, be it getting a more defined jawline, plumper lips, fuller, firmer cheeks or a smoother neckline, and also get beautiful, wrinkle free skin while at it – all without going under the knife, only with dermal fillers!
When can dermal fillers help?
Dermal fillers are cosmetic injections that can not only restore, but also transform the way your face looks. They are made with a chemical that is naturally found in the skin, and can help you improve your facial aesthetic in many ways, so that you can slow down the signs of ageing, such as:
– Fine lines and wrinkles
– Nasolabial folds
– Changing facial contours – eye hollows, thinning out of the jaws, shorter receding chin
– Droopy and tired eyes
– A drooping smile
There are many different types of dermal fillers, and our cosmetic doctors will choose what is best for you, depending on your skin type and requirements. Finer fillers are used areas where the skin is fine, and a fine, smooth finish is required, such as the under eye area. Thicker fillers are used in areas like the jaws or cheeks, where more bulk is needed.
Why choose dermal fillers?
Choosing to sculpt your face with dermal fillers has many advantages over a facelift surgery.
– For one, they don’t cause as much discomfort, apart from some minor bruising or swelling, which usually subsides within 2 days.
– You won’t need to factor in much downtime, as most of these procedures can be done in less than an hour. You can go back to work the very next day after your procedure.
– You can begin to notice the results immediately, though it might still take a couple of weeks for significant results to start showing.
– Unlike a surgery, the cost of this procedure is much lesser. So you can look the way you want, without having to shell out a fortune.
What can you expect during the procedure?
The actual procedure is preceded by an initial consultation, where we will examine your skin and facial features, and look at how to enhance and balance out those features to get you the required facial contour. This is the time that we will decide and share about the fillers we will use, where we intend to use them, the possible risks as well as the cost of the procedure. Once you agree to go ahead, we give you an appointment at a mutually convenient date and time.
Before the procedure, we use an antiseptic solution to cleanse your face. We could apply a topical numbing cream or ice over the area to be treated, to reduce the intensity of pain. Sometimes, we may also mix the filler with a local anaesthetic, for minimal pain.
The dermal filler is then carefully injected either with a needle or a cannula, by our cosmetic doctor. Cannulas are a relatively newer way to inject fillers, and have many advantages over needles, some of them being:
– The round tip of the cannula allows the doctor to feel each structure and any resistance that comes in the path, so that an alternate path is probed. This will help avoid damage to arteries and veins, and will cause less bruising as well.
– Being longer in length over needles, cannulas allow for filling many areas on your skin through a single entry point, thus causing lesser trauma to the skin.
During the procedure, we take special care to avoid the possibility of the needle disrupting a vein and causing a bruise, with the Accuvein Vein Finder. What this does is visualize veins below the skin, so that we can suitably reposition the injection point to prevent vein bruising.
Will this need heavy duty post treatment skin care?
This procedure causes minimal bruising, and as mentioned earlier, you can go back to your routine almost immediately. However, we do recommend using a hydrating moisturizer that will also add more volume to the skin. The Aspect Dr Hyaluronic Serum does this, and is also suitable for most skin types.
Dermal fillers have opened up possibilities to have the kind of face that you have always desired, and the fact that you can do this without surgery, with lesser pain, time and costs is like the cherry on the proverbial cake. At Nitai Medical & Cosmetic Centre, we are known for our very experienced staff, and our commitment to your well-being. And if you’re looking for ways to enhance your facial features, reach out to us and know how you can make the face of your dreams, a part of your everyday reality.