Excessive Sweating Treatment Melbourne
Hyperhidrosis, most commonly termed as an excessive sweating disorder, is an abnormal and extreme sweating condition of the body that is not necessarily related to heat or exercise. People with such disorders can sweat so immensely that their clothes can get soaked in sweat, even without any physical exertion. In addition to disrupting normal daily activities, this type of intense sweating can cause social anxiety and embarrassment.
The treatment of hyperhidrosis is usually helpful. There are many strong antiperspirants that are often used in such cases. If antiperspirants don’t work for you or you are afraid of their side-effects and looking for a safe (with a well-known risk profile) alternative, then MiraDry treatment is a wise choice. In severe cases, people also opt for surgery to remove the sweat glands or disconnect the nerves responsible for sweat overproduction.
However, at Nitai Medical and Cosmetic Centre, we recommend MiraDry treatment because of its convenience and low-risk factors.
MiraDry using Microwave therapy:
In this therapy, a device that emits microwave energy is used to reduce sweat, odour and hair in the underarms. The treatment may take 1-1.5 hours to complete the whole process in both the underarms. However, the required time may vary depending on the targeted area.
Steps of MiraDry Treatment:
It has 3 simple steps.
Anaesthesia: First the underarm area is numbed with anaesthesia using microneedles (for minimal pain) to avoid any sort of discomfort during the treatment.
Marking: Then, a treatment pattern or design is created to approach the procedure in a planned manner without any glitch.
MiraDry Procedure: Microwave energy is applied in the targeted areas to visibly reduce the sweating concerns. It is a permanent solution, that is both FDA cleared and TGA listed.
The cost of a MiraDry session is determined by the exact size of the treatment area and the time invested in the procedure. Treatment costs per session can range between $2000 – $3000.
- On average, up to 82% reduction in sweat has been observed after 1-2 sessions of treatment. We advise for two sessions to get a more permanent and effective solution.
- MiraDry uses the latest software upgrades, microneedles for anaesthesia and updated treatment protocols. All of these reduce treatment time by 35% as well as increase the efficiency of the treatment.
- Up to 70% of underarm hair is removed along with sweat and odour.
- Compensatory sweating does not occur after this treatment.
- The result may vary from person to person but overall records documented by our staff has shown high satisfaction rates.
This treatment has not revealed any dire side-effects in any patient so far. However, at times, patients may face soreness, swelling and altered sensation in the treated area. This is a temporary condition and generally subsides within a week.
Related Videos You May Like to See: