It is important to care for your lips after getting lip fillers in Melbourne. After all, the amount of care you take for your lips determines the longevity and effectiveness of the lip fillers.
Is it OK to eat after lip filler treatment?
Doctors recommend allowing the numbing agent to fully wear out before any eating activity. This prevents accidental biting of the mouth or lips.
Avoid overly crunchy or chewy foods during the first 24 hours post-treatment. These types of foods tend to disturb the injection site and may interrupt the healing process. Read on to understand what to eat and what not to eat after lip fillers in Melbourne.
What foods can you eat?
After the numbing agent has completely worn out, you can restart your normal eating routine. However, you must follow a few exceptions and recommendations to avoid any bruises and side effects, and allow better healing of your lips.
What to avoid?
- Alcohol: It is very tempting to celebrate the lovely results with a toast, but drinking alcohol in the first 24 hours post-treatment could result in swelling or bruising and impact the outcome of the treatment.
- Caffeine: Caffeine causes dehydration. Therefore, it could heavily impact the normal healing process, or even slow down the process. Caffeine in any form should be avoided after lip filler treatment.
- Sugary & Salty Foods: These foods could result in excessive licking of the lips, which can cause hypersensitivity or infection.
- Hot & cold drinks: Your lips are very sensitive during the healing phase. Therefore, too hot or too cold drinks could lead to burns or blisters, and impact the healing process.
- Cigarettes & Vapes: Though not a drink or food, they may still be an active part of your general lifestyle and health, and must be avoided during the first 24 hours post-lip filler treatment.
Easy aftercare tips
Proper aftercare is crucial for the good health of the lips and the longevity of the results. Caring for your lips post-lip filler treatment is very easy. Here’s how:
- Don’t touch your lips often during the early healing days when the lip fillers are settling into the skin
- Avoid any kind of heat treatment, dental treatment and strenuous exercise for the first two to three weeks.
- Avoid smoking, alcohol and any make for the first 24 hours after the procedure
- Always protect the lips from direct sun exposure
- Follow the detailed advice and guidance provided by our qualified dermatologist to ensure the longevity of lip filler treatment.
Nitai Medical and Cosmetic Centre provides the most comprehensive TGA & FDA-approved Lip fillers in Melbourne under the supervision of highly qualified doctor Dr Shobhna Singh. Consult Dr Shobhna now to know more.